The striking contrast between the holiday festivities and its aftermath can be jarring to seniors. The blaring silence that accompanies the end of the hustle and bustle of the holidays often causes many older adults to feel disoriented and depressed. This is often more evident in seniors who live far from their families and don’t receive senior care in Tennessee.
Fortunately, post-holiday blues can be prevented and managed. Here’s what you can do to help your aging loved ones.
- Stay connected with them. You can do this through messages and calls or by making plans to meet up soon.
- Encourage them to find hobbies or learn a new skill to fight negative thoughts.
- Do exercises together or talk to their caregiver in Tennessee about doing some appropriate exercise routines.
- Prepare delicious meals for them or go grocery shopping together.
- Do some volunteering activities together.
Post-holiday blues are very common in seniors, that’s why if you have an aging loved one, follow the tips above. If you need help, contact us at Christ Home Care, you trusted provider of home care in Nashville, Tennessee. Our services include meal planning and preparation, Alzheimer’s care, and companion care.