Are you a family caregiver in Tennessee? If so, you are one of the million family caregivers in the state and one of more than 40 million family caregivers in North America who cares for seniors and disabled adults.
From these large numbers, research shows somewhere between 17-35% of family caregivers view their own health as fair to poor.
What about you? Do you also feel like your health is suffering? Do you feel more stressed every day?
As a leading home care provider in Nashville, Tennessee, we want to give you some helpful tips to improve your health so you can better care for your loved ones.
- Take breaks. Get out of the house. Visit friends. Pamper yourself with a massage, a movie night, a long bath, or anything that will help relieve stress.
- Monitor your health. Make time to visit your doctor. Move your body, eat healthy foods, and do your best to get enough sleep.
- Make a checklist of your caregiver responsibilities and see if you can delegate any of them to other family members.
- Change up your routine. For example, get up 15 minutes earlier to have a little “me time” or take a longer lunch break to make time for a walk.
- Ask for help! No one can do this overwhelming job alone! When the time comes, you should also consider a respite caregiver, like one from our senior care in Tennessee.
Your loved ones don’t want your health and happiness to suffer during this stressful time. So, if you’re feeling burned out, don’t brush it off as unimportant. If you are struggling emotionally, mentally, or physically, please address it immediately.
Resources are available to support you and help provide quality care for your loved one.