What’s one of the most important aspects of our health we often overlook? Sleep. Getting enough Zs helps protect our bodies against infection and the development of a number of chronic health problems. Everyone’s sleep needs are different, but most adults need 8 hours of sleep, some even up to 10 into late adulthood, to live a full, healthy life. Sleep is just as important––if not more––than exercising and eating well. It’s our body’s natural way to repair itself, overnight! As a provider of personal care in Nashville, TN, we help each of our clients develop a healthy nighttime routine to set them up for a quality good night’s rest, everyday.
As a leading provider of quality senior care in Tennessee, we prioritize all of our clients’ sleep health to reap the following benefits:
- Weight management. Weight gain and increased appetites are often linked to not getting enough shut eye at night. People who get enough hours of quality sleep each night generally tend to eat fewer calories than those who are consistently sleep-deprived.
- Improved brain function. Did you know? Sleep can improve overall cognition, concentration, and productivity.
- Enhanced physical performance. Getting enough sleep each night can have a great impact on your reaction speed, reflexes and other physical functions necessary for daily life.
- Reduced risk of chronic diseases. Poor sleep can put you at higher risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, stroke, and type 2 diabetes.
- Strengthened immune system. Sleep deprivation can impair your immune function, which makes you more likely to develop colds and infections.
In need of getting more Zs at night? We’re here to help. Hire one of our caregivers in Tennessee to ensure you are getting enough sleep and the health care you need. Here at Christ Home Care deliver healthcare services with professionalism, respect, and compassion.
Looking for something different? We’re a provider that offers a wide array of services, like home care in Nashville, Tennessee that includes services such as meal planning, light
housekeeping, transportation, and more. If you’re in need of any services, give us a call at (615) 757-7757 or visit our website to learn more.